Friday, May 20, 2011

Hallelujah!


Hallelujah is all I can say. For the past 10 weeks (minus our Florida trip) Shane has been driving down to Southern Indiana to work on a ropes course at one of the camps. He would leave on Sunday or early Monday morning and come home on Friday. The last two weeks he just stayed down there to get it finished. For the most part we were great. There were a few meltdowns (me) and a few tantrums (me again) but we kept busy and knew it wasn't going to be like that forever. We were able to talk to him on the phone lots and we video chatted as much as we could each evening. The kids were so good- Grace has some signs of missing daddy but she is a tough cookie. I have a great respect for moms and dads who have to leave for extended times for work or the military. It is difficult on both ends! But I also learned, that I can do it. I was more organized, and more on top of things since I was the only one to do them. I'm thankful for the help I did have (and for chocolate treats when the kids went to bed!).

But he is home and we are so very proud of him. I'm not sure if you can, but go to this link and you can see what he has been doing. And I'm going to brag a bit. He built every.piece.of.this. He chopped trees, climbed poles, used a lift, laid a road, all of it. He had some great help the last two weeks and I'm so thankful for them because they got him home to us faster! He says I will love it, but if you look at those pictures... I'm not so sure I will LOVE every part of it. Like that ladder? Uh, no thanks. :) We love you babe and are so happy you are home. You have done a great job and we are praying that God will be glorified through this amazing addition to camp.


(my two lovelies before church on Sunday)

1 comment:

LisaM said...

Very impressive! :-)