Tuesday, November 24, 2009
Monday, November 23, 2009
1. She's adventurous
2. She likes to get into things. She's not afraid to try.
3. She will take all of her stuffed animals and toys one at a time and then crawl back into her "house".
5. I tried to count all her words the other night... I stopped at around 25 and then realized that she will repeat anything we say. She knows a ton of words!
6. She likes to play this new game- Night Night. She says it and then we all pretend we are going to sleep. Then she laughs and screams and if that doesn't wake us up then she pokes our eyes!
7.The last three weeks or so she has been walking herself to bed (did I mention that before?). We love it. Shane will say "5 minutes" and then she'll walk into her room and wait to be put into bed. She's getting so big!
8. Elmo. She LOVES Elmo. She likes to play with him, drag him all over the house, and watch him on tv.
9. When she watches PBS, there is a commercial that has the Rainforest Cafe on it. Everytime it comes on (and I mean EVERY time) she makes this bird noise- ku-kah, ku-kah!
10. Word are so last year. This is the new way to show you want a snack.
Happy Monday! We had a great weekend. I can't believe it's Thanksgiving already! We've got our tree up and all the decorations out. Gracie noticed the tree today and (so far!) has only taken one ornament off.
This is her new "thing" at bathtime. she likes to put her head down so her ears are under the water and then talk and listen to us talk. :)
Friday, November 20, 2009
Here's a little video of her wishing you a happy day. :)
Wednesday, November 18, 2009
When we pulled out Gracie's "office" for Ian, it must have triggered memories of this:
She remembered working in her office and thought she'd better check it out again. (even though her mama had told her NO!) I don't think it was quite the same as she thought it would be.
Tuesday, November 17, 2009
Here is our little friend who plays at our house now! Gracie is doing well adjusting to a new person. Today she was happy to see him and wouldn't stop chattering.
This is her "new" thing. She stands on the stool and looks outside at the birds eating at the feeders. She loves it!
Wednesday, November 11, 2009
Monday, November 9, 2009
Happy Monday! These were taken last week on a warm afternoon. Shane took some time off and got some yard work finished. His little helper was right behind him to "sweep up" the leaves. She had never worn gloves before and I wondered how she'd do but she thought they were fun, or cool.
We spent the weekend in Muncie to celebrate Grandma D's retirement. My parents and niece and nephew came down to keep Gracie. They had a great time and G. was sad to see them go. THEN.... we pulled all of our Christmas stuff out of the attic! They played Christmas music all weekend on a few of the radio stations... love it!
Thursday, November 5, 2009
- for a great community. We are co-directing our church's Upward Basketball program and we had a fabulous turnout for volunteers last night at the evaluations!
- for learning experiences. I am now watching a friend's little guy 4 days a week and Gracie is learning how to share and to live with another little person in the house! It will be great for both of them. :)
- ebay. I got her whole outfit online at ebay for $6.00. (for those who don't know, I think that's a great deal!)
- And finally- the weekend!!!
Grace got this slide from our friend (thanks Kristi!) For a few days we would put her on it or "walk her feet" up the stairs. Then on Friday evening we were in the kitchen and we looked into the living room and she was at the top! She was thrilled with her new "skills" and we could not watch her do it enough. Thank you Lord for all that Grace is learning every day!
Wednesday, November 4, 2009
This was Halloween Day. Grace was NOT thrilled about her costume. Mostly just about putting it on. But she prevailed and knew there there were people who needed her.
I kind of tricked her and put it on her while she was watching Baby Einstein. Distraction. Lovely distraction.
We went to 5 neighbors and passed out our treats. She was actually a little shy! :) But each house had a cat or dog and that was enough to get her excited. We have great neighbors who love Grace. That's the best thing next to family being near.
Tuesday, November 3, 2009
I decided to make cupcake pops for Grace to give to our neighbors for Halloween this year. We did something similiar last year. It was fun to dress her up and then take treats. We certainly don't need any more candy in this house. She wouldn't eat it (or her mom wouldn't let her!) then of course, we would have to! So this year I went to www.bakerella.blogspot.com and made her cupcake pops. They took a lot of work but were fun to make!
First you make a cake, then crumble it all and add a can of frosting. I did chocolate and cream cheese
I did some like this and some on lolipop sticks. They were very sweet but very good!
NOTE: you could also do them just as balls and they would be great tasting without the fuss...
Monday, November 2, 2009
- I'm thankful for a great weekend. I feel on top of things, my house isn't a trash pit, :) and we had a great time taking Grace to visit our neighbors (more to come) and also she was able to play with Grandpa H. and Grandma Diane!
- Dunkin Donuts Vanilla coffee. Enough said.
- I'm thankful I was able to get outside a little last week before the rains washed all the leaves to the ground and before the color was completely gone.
- I'm thankful for Moms Morning Out at our church! Today I took Grace for the first time. It was WONDERFUL! I was able to get so much done in those two hours and she had so much fun playing with the kids. I think I will have to budget that in at least every other Monday. I start babysitting a friend's little guy this week and Mondays will be my days without him- gotta get a lot done!