Thursday, June 25, 2009
I have a lot of catching up to do! We had such a busy week with A and H visiting and then this week we've been going to swim lessons! (pictures to follow)
On Sunday we bought Gracie her very own lawn chair. When we got home we set it up and she immediately got in it. And stayed. All night. As in, bring me my books, toys, drinks mom. It was too cute.
She learned how to get down from it. She puts one hand on the floor and kind of falls out of it but she just gets right back on the chair.
I also noticed that she's getting so smart- she pushed the chair up against the table and and stands on it to reach whatever she can!!!!
We bought bikes! Shane's been wanting one for a while so we went shopping and picked out some great ones. Ok. Mine is pretty much granny (big seat) but it's comfortable. We bought a seat and helmet for Grace and rode our bikes to church on Sunday.
Um, are you wondering if Grace liked wearing the helmet? Hmmm.. what do you think? :)
Here is when we gave Daddy breakfast in bed for Father's Day. It's a little more work to move Grace and her chair in, but we had fun.
Last Friday Laur and Jess came down and I got a much needed HAIRCUT! Jess, you are so good to me. Thank you.
Gracie's friend Norah came with Aunt Jess to visit. They are not quite at the age of playing together but finally when I have friends come with their kids... finally, I have toys for their kids! :)
Still to come- the Zoo with Uncle Adam and Aunt Michelle, and swim lessons! Have a great weekend!
(and to leave you with her new "cheese" face... Daddy gave her some fudgcicle..YUM! she would take a bite and then wipe her mouth on his shirt!)
Today I'm thankful for:
- Gracie's 8th tooth! She was a bear while that one was coming in.
- Her first steps! Yesterday she started walking! Just a few steps but it was still walking nonetheless!
- Good friends- We loved our time with Phil and Lonnie yesterday
- my family
- swim lessons. Gracie is taking them and LOVES the water. She and I have gone down to the beach a few times this week too. She can't get enough of it.
- God's plan. He has such a plan for our lives. I'm so glad he does and that even though I try to plan and organize things, HE has a better idea of what's going on for us. Thank you Lord!
Thursday, June 18, 2009
Today we went to the fair. Grace tried one of the horses but she didn't like it much. Shane was so embarrassing.
I went on the bumper cars with Shane. I got hurt in the chest a lot. I went on the Berry Go Round with Shane. He got sweaty after spinning the wheel. :)
I went on this giant slide. I raced Sophie and her dad. I went down before them but they went farther than me.
We have no pictures for this but we went to the beach and we went swimming. That's all.
Wednesday, June 17, 2009
went kyacking. i was in a single kyack and it was hard because we went all the way around an island.
the current was so strong that a couple of times i quit paddling. it looked like it was going to rain.
we went to a parade.
there were sooo many people at the parade.
Tuesday, June 16, 2009
Today was the first day with Aaron and Hannah visiting! We went to the flea market at Shipshewana this morning. It was fun and the kids bought some fun things. It rained this afternoon so we decided to go bowling! We went to Warsaw and stopped at the first alley.... closed. So we tried alley #2. closed...
for our third try we went to a skating rink! It was open so we were happy. BUT... it was only for hockey. Third strike and we were done.
We laughed about it (and then took "mad" pictures) By this time we were ready to go home and put a movie in.
Except someone wasn't mad. She was having a fabulous time with company in the back seat.
Her cousins are so much fun to play with!
Sunday, June 14, 2009
At 12 months Gracie:
- is sleeping very well. She goes down around 7:30 and gets up at 6:30. She has been taking two good naps each day too
- still loves walks. We go out just about every day and she enjoys looking for dogs or animals
- has enjoyed being outside. She has gone in her pool once and loves to play on the back deck
- LOVES to crawl under/through things- Did I already mention that she crawled UNDER our king sized bed? all the way. :)
- is now taking a sippy cup with whole milk. It was sad for me but she's doing great.
- thinks she's hot stuff with said sippy. She likes to tote it all around wherever she goes
- has a mission every morning when she gets up to knock down the blocks we stack as we clean up each night. After she knocks them down, she's ready for milk and breakfast. job done. :)
- is giving kisses! If we ask her we get a big sloppy open mouth headed our way. I love it
She's also making lots and lots of funny faces!
Thursday, June 11, 2009
Ok, I should have posted this forever ago... but some dear friends of mine have started a blog. I have been so blessed to be able to do some ladies ministry things with them (Bible Study, retreats, ladies night...) and I HEART them so much! This new blog is called GLOW Ministry and it's just some of our thoughts on our lives, God, our walk with Him, and living life with each other. I'd love for you to check it out and then leave a comment or two there if you read something that you like. We are all in different stages of life and that makes it even better.
(P.S. Monica, how do I link the blog so all they have to do is click on it?? :) )
Wednesday, June 10, 2009
Tuesday, June 9, 2009
This is the month our baby girl turns ONE YEAR OLD! We have spread the celebrating out all month long....
To start with, I made her a bug cake and then a little ladybug cake. I had fun doing it!
We took it to the cottage and celebrated with Grandma Shirley and Grandpa Brad and Grandma Diane.
Shirley helped me decorate the little ladybug. She did a great job!
I'm pretty sure Grace liked it.
This is her new face. Makes it all the time.
This is her new face. Makes it all the time.
Think she gets it from her daddy? :)
This was the part of the day she wasn't so keen on. The boat was lots of fun but the lifejacket? not so much. She was m.a.d. Finally she realized she wasn't getting out of it and just sat there. She did like it when we passed other boats though.
It was also "fishing without a license is ok" weekend! We spent a lot of time on the pier trying to catch a fish. I told them I needed to catch a bass.... and I did! :) I even touched it (pat on the back) This pictures shows pretty much just how she felt about a) the life jacket and b) the fish.
Next up... Grandma and Grandpa Wilson, then Cousins Aaron and Hannah, then Uncle Adam and Michelle....
P.S. Today is Grace's cousin Reese's birthday. Happy Birthday Reesie! We love you very much and hope you have a great day. (you're card will be coming this week)