Wednesday, May 26, 2010
- Family! Grace got to see Grandma Shirley, Grandpa Brad and Grandma Diane last weekend and this weekend she'll see her other two grandparents. :)
- new things- she loves this hat from Grandma Shirley- thank you!
- Summer like days- we had a nice afternoon at the cottage. We dipped our toes in the lake and she loved it. She actually wanted to get all the way in!
- Fun with Grandpa- I don't know how many times she asked him "wanna go outside?" and who can say no to that face? Not her grandpa!
- My big girl! She got her new quilt this week for her new big girl room and she L.O.V.E.S. it. I can't believe how fast she's growing!
- Silly-ness. She woke up from her nap one day with her socks on her hands and kept them that way for a few hours including eating lunch that way!
- Nights away- we had the best women's retreat listening to Beth Moore last weekend. It was wonderful! God is so good to me and to us. I learned so much and was so encouraged, just exactly what I had prayed for. Thank you Lord!
Monday, May 24, 2010
We have had this pretty princess dress for a while but just last week Grace wanted to try it on. She LOVED it. That's pretty much an understatement. She wore it all day. And tonight before bed she saw it in the closet and kept saying "pretty princess, pretty princess" over and over. Guess we'll be playing make believe tomorrow!
Thanks to Sophie for giving Gracie such a beautiful dress to imagine in!
Thursday, May 20, 2010
Grace has a friend named Caroline. G calls her Kate, but Caroline much prefers her proper name. (we all think it's cute though!) Caroline is always gracious enough to share her outgrown toys with Grace. This was one of them.
She's still working on holding the button down so she can actually "go" instead of start, stop, start, stop but she doesn't mind.
Thank you Caroline, for being so generous and thoughtful. We love our new toy!
Wednesday, May 19, 2010
so she got her water shoes and some shorts on and got busy
She did need a little assistance with the water though.
She was very good at delegating tasks and made sure to show her daddy right where to put the water.
Monday, May 17, 2010
Grace likes music. She LOVES to sing at the top of her lungs, and even better stand on her little stool, put her hands in the air and sing.... JESUS LOVES ME... and then it gets a little babbled from there.. She also loves exploring her dad's computer bag. On this day she came up with his ear buds.
She's so adventurous. Speaking of which she's adventuring out of her shell in her bed and got up at 12:30 last night! I heard Shane tell her it was still night and he took her back to bed. Praying that doesn't start habits but I did love hearing her and Shane communicate. They are so close.
Saturday, May 15, 2010
Friday, May 14, 2010
We grilled burgers and had corn a few weeks ago. Grace loved eating it with the handles on the sides.
I'm thankful she'll try new foods- even though she has her definite favorites.
Thursday, May 13, 2010
On our anniversary last week we went out to dinner with Grace and then to Menards because Shane had to pick up a few things (and we do love Menards!) Grace and I went through the garden section and I decided we needed some spring flowers. We smelled them all - she was so funny making smelling faces! We finally decided on impatiens because they were my grandmas favorite flower and they are my moms too. She plants them every year.
Guess who likes to help me garden?! Grace was completely entertained with a few small flower pots, a spade and a whole bunch of dirt.
I am so thankful for her sense of adventure and willingness to be outside and try new things. I'm thankful that she doesn't mind getting dirty (and did she ever!) and I'm thankful she didn't pull the flowers apart! :)
Monday, May 10, 2010
Here we were last year on may 10th. I don't have a picture for you of us today, but I thought you'd at least like to see last year. :)
the year before that... I was close to having her with a big ole belly!
the year before that... I was in the Dominican Republic on our honeymoon!
Sunday, May 9, 2010
We are so blessed to have three amazing moms in our life. Each one brings us and Grace so much love and support. I can't imagine life without them. My mom lives just a little further away but she keeps in touch by sending us little care packages, and calling to see what Grace is up to. She also is ALWAYS there when I need her. (I know I'm biased, but since I've known her for 33+ years, I do have to brag a bit on her!) Diane has been closer since the cottage is open and we love having her close by for short day visits, something that doesn't happen often when you live away from family. I can't wait for many more lake memories. And Shirley can't go more than a few weeks without needing a "Grace" fix. I love that! She and I share a love for garage sales, goodwill, and great deals. She is a constant encouragement and example for us.
Thank you for all of your love "Moms". We wouldn't be where we are today without you.
Shannon, for Shane and Grace (and #2!)
Thursday, May 6, 2010
Ha! I tried to use red eye on this one... look closely... it made her mouth red eye reduction- but kept her beady little eyes!
She hams it up for the camera
- sings ALL the time
- doesn't know what quiet means! (but she can whisper pretty well!)
- is learning how to use the potty but most of the time she just likes to sit on it with her clothes on and read a book. :)
- SLEEPS like a big girl! Last Saturday we got home from the cottage and it was getting late. Gracie got into her jammies and we were in the living room. Shane called us to the bedroom- he had taken off the crib rail and in it's place put the little white rail we have for her big bed. WHAT? I started crying. (ha!) She was thrilled and climbed into bed and went right to sleep. All of a sudden our baby is a big girl. She even gets out of bed on her own now (so far it's been at appropriate times)