Monday, December 31, 2012

Goodbye 2012/Hello 2013

Today is the last day of 2012.  What a year.  This was the year we:
* moved south
*announced our pregnancy
*went to Florida
*found out Ella had Trisomy 13
*moved back north
*gave birth to Ella, said hello and goodbye 6 weeks early
*celebrated Grace turning 4 and Graham turning 2
*went to Disney World


I want to be careful to remember that in spite of our sadness, some great things happened this year.  We had some great memories.  We went camping, to Florida (twice!), had lots of family time, visited with many friends, and laughed many times at our crazy kids.

This year we were surrounded by the love of our family and friends when we found out we weren't going to be able to keep Ella.  More meals were made for us than I can count. Cards and texts and phone calls were made to let us know we were being thought of and prayed for.   Friends kept our kids for us many times. Flowers were delivered that were gorgeous. Our house was cleaned, laundry done, I have some beautiful necklaces to remember my little girl.   The family of God showed up in a way that brought Him honor and praise.

I know that I am a better person because of Ella.  (because of ALL 3 of my kids). I've said before that I don't understand why this had to happen, but I am so glad that she was here.  I'm so glad to have three beautiful children, a fantastic husband, and loving family and friends.  I'm glad 2013 is starting.  A new year.  My prayer is that God will continue to grow me to be what he needs me to be for His glory.  

Happy New Year friends,
Love,
The Hartmans

1 comment:

Angela said...

Happy New Year! You sound so strong and like your perspective is straight from God. I hope that 2013 is full of blessings for you and your family!