Monday, June 9, 2014

I just did this.


Yesterday I sent my daughter to camp.  How is she old enough to go to camp?




















Just yesterday she was toddling around and repeating my every word and crawling on her daddy's lap to nap.

















Oh, she still babbles and talk and talks and talks, and she still loves her daddy like crazy but she is growing up right before my eyes.




















I watched her jump out of the truck and go fearlessly with her friend to find her counselor and new cabin mates and my heart just was jumping.  Part of me was so stinking proud of her for being so brave at 5 (6 TOMORROW!) and the other part of me wanted to grab her and keep her with me forever.

But I can't keep her little.  And I really don't want to I guess.  Shane and I talk often about how we want to raise responsible, brave, strong, kind adults.  Our goal for Grace is to be all those things and love the Lord with all her heart.  Camp will aid her in all of these things.

So my baby is at camp and she's having the time of her life.  And while I kind of want to cry and shove my face in a carton, er... bowl of ice cream.  I am so excited for her and what she'll learn and how she will grow from this experience.  I know without a doubt that the Lord is going to use her for great things and I know her camp experiences will help shape her life.


1 comment:

Cami said...

This is so fun and so brave of you too!
She is going to have such a great time!