Thursday, March 20, 2014

Thankful Thursday

Today I am thankful for:

My family.  I love this picture of Shane and the kids.  They are so so happy to be celebrating Daddy. I love the smile on Shane's face.  He does such a great job being excited and getting the kids excited to celebrate things like this.  They could not wait to eat Daddy's cake.  (I forgot to put eggs in it, by the way.  If you want to have a cake that pretty much falls apart at the touch, leave your eggs out.  ha!)
 And I love this little girl and am thankful that I have great memories of her.  Through some different circumstances in the past few weeks I've been thinking about her an extra amount.  It's the first day of spring and soon the peonies will be coming out.  We are going to plant a pink peony bush to remind us of Ella and three white ones in honor of our other three.  I love this idea.  I saw a pink peony candle in Bob Evans yesterday and wanted to buy it.  I didn't realize how much that flower does and will remind me of Ella.

1 comment:

Karen H. said...

Shannon,
Peonies are my favorite flowers! I have that pink peony candle from Bob Evans! They are such beautiful flowers!! It is the perfect flower for that perfect little girl of yours!