Monday, July 2, 2012

Bloobs

Our theme for this summer is ... flexibility.  We aren't really making plans and so far when we have, they haven't happened.  But that's ok.  It's been a good, laid back summer so far.    We were supposed to go with Shane down south to a camp last week but we decided not to go at the last minute.  That meant that the kids and I could go blueberry picking with my girlfriends.  This is a yearly tradition and I love it.  (confession- I don't LOVE blueberries, they are ok, but I love the tradition part of it!)

 So, we went.... on the hottest day of the year so far....  whew!  The kids did great!  Gracie had a great time with my friend Joanne's niece.  Graham picked a few of them and then dumped them.
 Many of his picks were yellow unripe blueberries (sorry farm peeps!)
 Joanne, Joelle, Gracie-  Jodi and Joanne's mom also went.  They were so sweet and brought snacks and water.  Good idea.  It was HOT!  Graham and I picked for about 45 minutes then we retreated to the van with AC and a movie.  :)
 baby #3 got to enjoy the picking too!
And our crew!  I am blessed by all of my friends.  All over.  It was a great time last week.  This week my girls from Michigan are coming to visit.  I'm blessed beyond measure.

No comments: