Tuesday, March 22, 2011

Praise Him!

My cousin and her husband have wanted to be parents for a long, long, time and tomorrow it looks like it's going to be the day! They have an adoptive mom who has chosen them and is going to be induced tomorrow. I broke my no blog rule and checked hers for updates and found out that tomorrow is the day!

I remember not being able to sleep the night before we went in to have Grace. I remember being so stinking excited, but also nervous, but mostly excited and I know that C and M are going through the same emotions. I'm sure it's motherhood (hormones) but I cannot help but tear up at this joyous news for them. I have believed with them for a long time that God would answer their prayers to be parents. Praise the Lord for answered prayers. They don't happen in our time, but they are always, always good.

I immediately thought of Psalm 139 when I read her post. God knows our thoughts, he knows our hearts, and he knew us when he knit us together. He has such a special plan for this precious little being and I am so thankful that He's included my cousin in this plan.

Please pray for them tomorrow. (Wednesday) I know you don't know them (well some of you do!) but our prayers are always heard! Pray for this birth mom that is making a brave, tough choice- Give her strength, courage, and peace. Thanks!

Psalm 139:13-14 (New International Version, ©2011)

13 For you created my inmost being;
you knit me together in my mother’s womb.
14 I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made;
your works are wonderful,
I know that full well.