Thursday, August 26, 2010

Still Cooking!

I've noticed that my counter has many more hits lately... Although I'd like to think it's because I'm filling my blog with such meaningful words and pictures that you can't stay away (ha!) I know it's because you are all checking to see if this baby is coming yet! He's still cooking in there. :) I went to the midwife yesterday and she said that all is looking great and that she doesn't expect him for another week or so. That's a little bumming but really, he's not due for a few days and babies really aren't overdue until 42 weeks. So... he'll keep "cooking" and I'll be taking lots of walks to move him down!

Today is my birthday and I had the very best morning. It started with Grace waking up wet so we all got up to change her sheets (not the best part obviously) I changed her dipe and then looked her in the face and said.. guess what? today is my birthday. She got a big smile on her face and said "I gotta go". She ran into her room looking for her daddy and said "I need mom's present!"

Last night Shane and Grace made me a card and she remembered and was SO excited to give it to me. I love that she knew it and couldn't wait to share it with me. After cards, we all went out for breakfast, another favorite thing to do. Shane took today off and we're headed to do a bit of retail therapy!

I'm going to leave you with Gracie's first time using the camera... self portrait and all!
self portrait
me trying to show her to get my face...
not really working though!


1 comment:

Christi.Overman said...

Happy Birthday!!! I think Grace is going to be the next Ansel Adams. She is very talented.