Sunday, April 5, 2015

Happy Birthday Shane!

Shane's birthday came quick this year!  He actually had to travel for his birthday and I didn't remember till the day before so I quickly scrambled to get out party on.  I made him steak and baked potatoes and homemade parmesan herb bread (in the back) and then a butterscotch pie.  I didn't even know he liked butterscotch pie!  Did you know that you have to stir butterscotch pie constantly for 30-45 minutes?  You do.  That's a lot of standing people. 
The end result of the pie.  My first time at meringue.  I was pretty proud of it but learned it's best to make it in advance and let it cool completely. it was a really runny butterscotch pie. 
and this bread.  If you want to feel like a rock star in the kitchen, make this bread.  Just go to "all recipes" and search parmesan herb bread.  I promise it's easy.  The keys to making it great are a round casserole dish and a kitchen aid.  All you need.  
And here is our birthday boy!  Grateful for another year of Shane. 
Happy birthday Shane!

No comments: