Tuesday, October 15, 2013

October 15th

Today is National Infant Loss and Remembrance Day.  Funny how I never would have thought of it much before last year but today it means something.  I'm thinking about Ella and the sweet little ones that have been born and gone too early to my friends, some of whom I've met, some who have just become internet connections.  I am thinking of the little ones who were just beginning and a dream for  some of us, who we didn't even really get to know.

But the word "loss" doesn't really fit.  I was emailing back and forth with a pastor recently and he commented on how our little ones are not "lost".  We know exactly where they are.

"For you created my inmost being; you knit me together in my mother's womb.  I praise you because I am fearfully and wonderfully made; your works are wonderful, I know that full well.  My frame was not hidden from you when I was made in the secret place, when I was woven together in the depths of the earth.  Your eyes saw my unformed body; all the days ordained for me were written in your book before one of them came to be
Psalm 139:13-16


No comments: