Just switching it up here on the ole blog. Do I even have any readers left? I have been doing poorly at updating here are some reasons in no specific order-
- Life is busy! We travel quite a bit, I'm working part time and my kids are running me ragged!
- I still miss Ella so much. I'm working through it. Of course, I'll never get over it, but I don't take pics like I used to and I don't have the drive to post like I did. Today marks 8 months since she's been in heaven. When I am sad, I just want to lay on the couch a blanket and eat whatever I can get my hands on. Which leads me to the next point:
- I've been working hard at getting this old body back into shape! I (vaguely) remember being able to run 5 miles at 5:30 AM!!! with my friend Jodi. On a regular basis. I don't want to be a tired mom who can't play with her kids. Or worse, I don't want to not be there for my kids. I want to feel good in my body. It's hard to be overweight and feel so bad about myself. But it's also hard to exercise and eat right. I'm choosing the latter. I'm 6 weeks into this and fitting better into my clothes but am still waiting for that oh so exciting weight loss moment when I can "see it". But it's taking it's sweet little time to come. I try to do it first thing in the morning when everyone is still in bed but I am also sometimes squeezing it in during nap time.
- I'd rather write than share pictures right now. I do realize that this disappoints some of you. Writing has proven to be therapy for me and I'm grateful for it. But I know that my family wants pics so then I don't write, and then I don't do anything.... vicious cycle. I'm thankful for those of you have encouraged me to do whatever feels right. I know you really want to see cute pics of my kids but thanks. :)
- I have a fancy and fun new phone and I am taking lots of pictures with it and not so many with my camera. I need to do better about that too. Or better about uploading pics from my phone to my computer. Or both.