Wednesday, March 20, 2013

9 months

We are coming up on Ella's being in heaven for 9 months.  Wow.  What stands out to me about that is that very soon she will have been gone longer than she was ever "here" (when I was pregnant with her).

We were in Target yesterday and passing the kids clothes.  Gracie saw a baby dress that was pink with polka dots.  She said "mom that is cute!  We should get that for baby Ella!"  I smiled and explained that she's in heaven and doesn't need that pretty dress."  I think what she was trying to say was that we should have bought it for her before when I was pregnant.   Either way, it was sweet.

I would have loved to have dressed my second daughter in that pretty Easter dress this year.  It would have been wonderful.  Someone said to me recently- do you think Ella would want to come back?  No way. She is in heaven.  She is healed and perfect and with Jesus.  What more could anyone ask for?

So, while this milestone, not having her longer than we had her, comes and passes, I will be grateful that someday we will be together ALWAYS.  And there will be no place else we would ever want to be.   I am grateful for opportunities to talk to Grace about Ella and more importantly about heaven and Jesus.

For now we see only a reflection as in a mirror; then we shall see face to face. Now I know in part; then I shall know fully, even as I am fully known. 1 Corinthians 13:12

1 comment:

Jennifer Kay said...

A seriously beautiful picture...