Sunday, May 13, 2012

Mother's Day 2012

 I've had a great Mother's Day.  Shane wasn't feeling well but the kids and I have been outside all weekend.  We've been planting, playing, getting dirty.  So much fun.  I'm thankful for my family.  And for the mothers in my life!



And I'm especially thankful for the mama that raised me.   What I love best about you mom, is your consistency.  I KNOW you are always there for me and Shane and the kids.  I love how you take time out of your week, EVERY week to send me and the kids something to let us know you are thinking of us.  I love how you listen so closely to my kids and you always want to hear their cute little voices.  Some of my favorite memories are of playing softball with you, camping, your soft voice in the morning when you'd wake me up, the way you make the BEST cup of tea, and how when you get laughing really, really, hard you almost can't stop.  You are so thoughtful in the little things.  My favorite things to share with you are a cup of tea, a good book, and coffee with the "girls".  :)  I love you!


And one of the best parts of all my "moms'?  They love the Lord and have done their best to raise Shane and I, and now our kids, to trust in Him.  It can't get much better than that!

No comments: