Wednesday, November 9, 2011

Thankful Thursday

wow, it's been a bit! I need to catch up. Don't give up on me. I do have things to share. I promise. :)
Today I am thankful for...
smiles caught on camera
a great shopping trip for under $5!!!! (that rarely happens, so I had to document it!)
growing teeth
silly time with daddy

newfound curiosity for everything

We are at an exciting time in our lives. God is moving us and pushing us. I was reminded this week of our church's mission "To Know Christ and Make Him Known". It was a reminder to me that it's not just my church's job, that is MY job. No matter where I am, no matter what I am doing, that is my mission. It starts with my kiddos. No, really, it starts with me. To know Christ... that means have a relationship with Him. Getting into his word, spending time with him. To make him known... that's where I can share what I am learning with my kids.

My patience has been thin lately, especially with them. I want to honor my kids by giving them my best and I want to honor my God by giving him my best. I am so very thankful for new mercies every day and for his gentle reminders in my life.

No comments: