- Gav has grown and grown and grown. He's so much fun now. He's also into EVERYTHING. Like everything. We have baby fences everywhere. And he still figures out how to get to stuff.
- My kids are becoming country kids. They love to go outside and are not afraid to walk down our big hill or spend an afternoon exploring.
- We are making friends. It's been a slow process but it's been good.
- We are finding our groove in school. It's not been an easy road but it's been a good one. I wouldn't change it. When I see my kids exploring, playing, and being creative (and doing it together!) I know we are making the right choice. It is hard, and I sometimes feel like I have no time away, and my house is constantly, constantly messy. It may not always be what we decide, but for now it's right.
- Grace is such a great leader. She loves books. We are currently reading through the Chronicles of Narnia together. She can spend all day creating and coloring.
- Graham is a natural encourager. He loves doing ABC mouse on the computer and has learned so much just by listening to Grace and I. He has become so independent in the last few months.
- Shane just built the kids a triple (triple!!) bunk bed. He officially earned the title of coolest dad ever. On Sunday afternoon we never saw the big kids. They played in their room all afternoon.
- I am getting ready to start a Beth Moore Bible study. Looking forward to being back in the Word again in a way that her studies do for me. I like that. Moving here was a great choice for me but it was a bit hard. I thought we were going to be bringing Ella here almost three years ago so this place had some sad memories. It's grown on me and I love our cozy life here and I love how my family has grown together this past year. God is so good.
Wednesday, February 11, 2015
One year later
We have lived in our "little house in the woods" for one year. It's been a good year.